About the role
- Location: Melton/Werribee
- Full time
- Salary- $57,000 TO $65,000
The caseworker works with families to create an environment of caring, nurturing and cultural connectedness that facilitates the development of good parenting and healthy family relationships. The caseworker is responsible for ensuring that Aboriginal culture is embedded throughout all aspects of the program’s functioning and that all program activities are culturally safe. The caseworker is required to provide a quality, timely and effective family support service to children and families with complex needs.
It is their role to undertake home visits to children and families (on a needs basis, this may be twice weekly, weekly or fortnightly) and provide assistance to families to strengthen their parenting capacity and build confidence. Identify the family’s cultural support needs and provide information about Community activities and where appropriate help the family to re-connect to the Community and with Country via referrals to Link Up and other Aboriginal services.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Sound Knowledge and and understanding of Aboriginal history, values, practices and culture
- A proven ability to advocate on behalf of children and families.
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, government departments and community service organizations.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- A willingness to participate in training programs and in supervision.
- An ability to work flexible hours.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence.
- A current Working with children’s check
- Desirable: Experience or formal qualifications in social work, family
support, or family welfare
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor, on 927 8835
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to: http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4767224.
Applications close 21 July 2019
Please quote in application: Integrated Family Support Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.