About the role
Are you interested in being part of the team that supports one of the largest social reforms in Australia empowering individuals and building inclusive communities?
- Maximum term, full time (38 hrs per week) role until June 2020
- $67k – $73k pa (Level 4 – SCHCADS Award) plus access to generous salary packaging up to $18,000pa
- Base location: Tamworth
About the Service
The Society delivers essential Local Area Coordination (LAC) services as part of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) rollout in NSW. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) represents a significant change in Australia’s ways of providing disability support with a focus on individual goals, choice, social inclusion and building capacity. NDIS takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early to improve their outcomes later in life.
Local Area Coordinators (LACs) work directly with NDIS participants, their families, carers and communities to support their access to and continue engagement with the NDIS. The focus of various LAC activities may change over time based on the participant load and which stage participants are at in the NDIA pathway. A
key focus of the LAC role is to assist participants in building their capacity to self-direct and achieve their goals. LACs provide a locally based first point of contact designed to improve access to and engagement in, local community and mainstream services.
Please click here for a copy of the Pos ition description.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Demonstrated experience working in the human services sector e.g. disability, child services, allied health, social work, community development, education and/or relevant qualifications or training on social inclusion, community development and engagement or person centered thinking and planning.
- Demonstrated person centered approaches and other contemporary disability and community services practices.
- Demonstrated ethical, inclusive and non-judgemental attitude towards others.
- Proven ability to be adaptable in changing environments and ability to prioritize competing demands and achieve agreed targets.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills (including documentation and report writing), interpersonal, negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to connect and develop networks and linkage with local community and mainstream services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to engage with external stakeholders to establish valuable connections with local communities.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Excel and ability to work with client information systems.
- Proven ability to work autonomously while also collaborating positively within a team environment.
- Willingness to adhere to the mission and ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society and Code of Conduct.
The following will also highly regarded:
- Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services (or working towards).
- Understanding of the key principals, philosophy and opportunities of the NDIS for
- Lived experience of disability and/or Aboriginal/CALD communities will be highly regarded.
- A valid driver license and ability to undertake regular travel.
- Flexibility to attend meetings or travel outside of usual office hours as needed from time to
time to support participant or program needs.
Come and join our team!
About the organisation
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinator - Tamworth via Pro Bono Australia.