About the role
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Communications and Public Affairs team is a cross functional team that spans communications, marketing, fundraising, government relations and stakeholder and community engagement and coordinates SSI’s campaigns and advocacy. This broad and multi-disciplinary team is responsible for bringing together an d coordinating the voice of SSI and managing stakeholder engagement. The function is responsible for developing strategies to ensure the organisation is best able to leverage external opportunities, to strengthen SSI’s position. Reporting to Corporate Communications Manager this lead role will enable the elevation of the organisation’s brand and reputation in the community.
Leading a team of 4 the Marketing and Program Communications Manager is responsible for the strategic marketing and lead generation needs of the organisation’s government funded programs, social enterprises and fundraising initiatives, events and activities within the Marketing and Program Communications team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement proactive marketing communication plans including lead generation activities to support the growth targets of programs, social enterprises and fundraising.
- Assist with the review, recommendation and refresh of the organisation’s digital, CMS and CRM platforms in collaboration with the Digital Communications Lead.
- Support SSI’s thought leadership positioning by developing activities and programs that optimise brand awareness and manage the Communications Officer in the development of the organisation’s Speaker Series.
- Oversee the production and distribution of marketing and communication collateral and external digital marketing activities for the programs and social enterprises including information for culturally and linguistically diverse communities and clients, stakeholders, partners, donors and philanthropists.
- Provide effective leadership to drive the performance and outputs of the team.
You are tertiary qualified in Communication, Public Relation Marketing or Business. You possess proven ability to lead and effectively manage the performance, output and development of direct reports. You are highly experienced strategic marketing, communications and project management skills. You have successfully delivered campaigns and you are experience in developing and implementing proactive marketing communication plans including lead generation. You have demonstrated skills research, customer and market insight. You are self-managed and be responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
How to apply for this role
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Program Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.