About the role
- Generate media and communications strategies for a leading cancer prevention program
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer charity
- Part time fixed term (0.8) position until June 2023 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Media and Communications Adviser to join the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Media Manager, your role is to:
- Lead the successful planning, implementation and evaluation of media and communications strategies and campaigns for the SunSmart program
- Collaborate with the SunSmart Research and Evaluation team to ensure the comprehensive evaluation of the media and communication strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and contribute to public awareness and understanding of prevention programs
- Scope the broader environment and develop new relationships with key stakeholders
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary degree in communications, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- Substantial experience in planning, implementing and evaluating media and communication strategies / campaigns including advertising, public relations and digital
- Highly developed media relations skills, including a thorough understanding of the process of conducting a media interview from briefing through to execution and a thorough understanding of traditional and new media
- Proven ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals and organisations
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians. This is done through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk. We prioritise health inequalities, especially in relation to Aboriginal people, and in culturally diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
This is achieved through the delivery of public health programs relating to tobacco control (Quit Victoria), obesity prevention (LiveLighter, Obesity Policy Coalition, Rethink Sugary Drink), sun protection (SunSmart, World Health Organisation Collaborative Centre for UV), cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical), immunisation, (HPV, hepatitis B) alcohol and organisational change (Achievement Program).
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $70,593 - $79,370 (pro rata $56,474 - $63,496) pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Adviser PREV.93 via Pro Bono Australia.