About the role
The National Arts Learning Manager is responsible for effectively leading and managing the implementation of Arts Learning programs across the country. Working collaboratively with the various State Arts Learning Managers, and leading with vision, the National Arts Learning Manager will define, develop and deliver impactful and sustainable Arts Learning programs.
The Song Room is entering an exciting phase, working in long-term partnerships with federal and state governments and across the education sector. The National Arts Learning Manager will have an extensive understanding of curriculum and use contemporary research and their experiences in education to design Arts Learning programs that empower schools to develop a positive school culture that embraces Arts Learning.
The following outcomes define the high-level expectations of the role that should be visible and evident. The National Arts Learning Manager will:
- Establish effective leadership and the development of a high-performing team of Arts Learning Managers, Coordinators and Teaching Artists who are highly motivated, proactive, cohesive and professional and demonstrate a commitment to implementing The Song Room’s vision and goals
- In collaboration with the Director, Arts Learning and state Arts Learning Managers, ensure that The Song Room has a highly effective, well-articulated, nationally consistent strategy and approach to its integrated approach to Arts Learning
- Collaborate and communicate strong working relationships with other members of the Arts Learning team and wider organisation with a demonstrated understanding of their portfolios
- Create and foster positive and collaborative relationships with all members of The Song Room staff, broader community, stakeholders and relevant external bodies and associations
- Provide timely analysis, advice, support and reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Director, Arts Learning
- Plan, develop and deliver well considered and effective resources within the Arts Learning area and across the organisation in collaboration with the Director, Arts Learning
- Generate strategic ideas for improvement, innovation and change
- Financially responsible planning, budgeting and management within the Arts Learning team and The Song Room as a whole
- Timely and effective resolution or delegation of internal and external issues and queries
- Provide consistent, authoritative, professional and timely advice and assistance to staff management, the Board and its Committees. This includes dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Commit to child safety and adhere at all time to The Song Room’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct
About the organisation
The Song Room is a nimble, entrepreneurial for-purpose national organisation that levels the learning playing field for Australia’s most disadvantaged young people. It does this through the delivery of impactful, sustainable and scalable arts learning programs, delivered in partnership with schools across the country. The Song Room is entering an exciting phase, working in long-term partnerships with federal and state governments and across the education sector.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Arts Learning Manager via Pro Bono Australia.