About the role
Under the guidance of the Senior Executive, Planned Giving, the Philanthropy Coordinator – Planned Giving is responsible for
- end to end administration of the Gifts in Will revenue pipeline to optimise gift impact
- best practice stewardship of endowment trustees to achieve revenue growth
- stewardship of individuals to move potential planned gift donors from discovery to commitment
- coordination of a calendar of events and communications which celebrate and promote planned giving
Benefits and perks
- Flexible working hours and conditions are offered.
- Salary packaging is available. Leave entitlements as per national standards.
Terms and conditions
- The position is offered as a 0.6 FTE position on a three year contract with a six month probationary period.
- There will be a requirement to work outside of normal hours on limited occasion for fundraising events and activities. Allowance is made for reasonable time-in-lieu. Flexible working hours and conditions are offered.
- Leave entitlements as per national standards.
- A current driver’s license is required
- A Working with children check is required
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated experience as a fundraising and philanthropy professional, with a focus on the area of Gifts in Will and planned giving
- Understanding of the responsibilities of executors. Experience in working with executors, including experience in dealing with contested estates
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and customer/donor management database software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a comfortable phone manner
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and have the ability to prioritise effectively, with well-developed organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals
- Demonstrated attention to detail; applicable to documentation, information recording and planning
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Clear understanding of and personal commitment to the mission and values of the RCH Foundation
About the organisation
The RCH has been providing outstanding care to Victoria’s children and their families for nearly 150 years.
The RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of the hospital. We raise, manage and distribute money to enable the RCH to provide the best care to patients and their families.
You can create a brighter future for sick children
Your donations support the RCH and its campus partners, The Murdoch Children’s Research Institute(MCRI) and The University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, to push the boundaries of paediatric healthcare.
While the Victorian Government funds the hospital’s standard operating costs, your donations support medical excellence. The programs and initiatives funded by donated money create outcomes that are above and beyond the hospital’s normal day-to-day activities. They take the RCH from a good hospital to a great hospital and what’s more – they wouldn’t exist without the generous support of people like you.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Coordinator – Planned Giving via Pro Bono Australia.