About the role
Some of our workers have moved into new roles and we have additional casual positions available. Our Residential Youth Workers work an average of 27.5 hours per week, and assist young people in crisis accommodation by:
- Providing supervision and support over a 24 hour roster
- Planning and facilitating options with clients to meet each young person’s needs
- Providing emotional and practical support
Young people may exhibit trauma, behavioural and other issues or challenging interpersonal skills – these are incredibly rewarding positions that can make a difference to a young person’s future.
About the organisation
Veritas House is a vibrant not-for-profit, community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families. We are looking for passionate people to join our service in Bathurst and Orange.
How to apply for this role
Full details on all positions, including the selection criteria & information on how to apply, can be found in the Information Packages on our website: www.veritashouse.org.au
All applicants must address the following selection criteria below, by writing a brief paragraph that includes examples of how you meet the criteria. It's easiest if you add it to your cover letter. We can't assess your application without the criteria!!!
- Minimum Certificate IV in Youth Work, Social Work, Community Services or similar & enrolled in a Diploma, OR Diploma OR Degree OR third year in a degree qualification.
- Detailed understanding of Child Protection Legislation and Regulation, including knowledge of the NSW Keep Them Safe Initiative.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by young people experiencing or potentially experiencing homelessness and the resulting behaviours.
- Understanding of cultural issues with the ability to work with Aboriginal people.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound professional judgment, and apply initiative within organisational policy and procedures.
- High level of written, verbal and computer-based communication skills, including the use of data and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work shifts, including sleep-over shifts, over a 24 hour, 7 day roster
Applications for part-time roles close at 9.00 am on Monday 29th July 2019
Applications for casual roles will be assessed for interview as they are received.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Residential Youth Workers - Youth Homelessness Service via Pro Bono Australia.