About the role
This position’s responsibility is to assume responsibility for the complete accounts receivable function for Infoxchange, including sales order administration, issuing of invoices, maintenance of contracts associated with customers and management of outstanding receivables. The position will also provide support and assistance to staff who deliver projects with respect to project administration and project reporting. Over time, some additional responsibilities pertaining to Connecting Up may be incorporated into the role.
Reporting to the Team Lead – Finance, the role will also work closely with the Finance Team to provide a quality and timely finance support function across the organisation, and with the project delivery staff to assist them with effective management of their projects.
Accounts Receivable & Contract Administration
- Raise and forwarding invoices in a timely manner, and issue credit notes where required.
- Reconcile receipts with invoices, including daily reconciliation of bank account.
- Manage outstanding receivables and in conjunction with account managers, follow up customers to reduce outstanding debtors, and prepare aged debtors reports for management.
- Monitor sales order system within Netsuite and provide support to project staff in managing this process.
- Reconcile accounts receivable related accounts in GL on a monthly basis.
- Manage system for storing and retrieving customer contracts and other documentation that form the basis of invoicing to customers.
- Proactively manage system of invoice scheduling based on contracts, including subscription renewals.
- Assist project delivery staff with the interpretation of contracts in relation to customer billing.
- Annual CPI Pricing review of Subscriptions
- Monthly rebilling of expenses to clients
- Support staff with the setting up of projects within Netsuite.
- Monitor projects within Netsuite and proactively work with staff to effectively maintain their projects.
- Provide support to project delivery staff with financial project budgeting and reporting.
- Produce and analyse project reporting to management on a monthly basis.
- Manage Revenue Items ensuring Revenue is coded to the correct chart of accounts
- Ensure Projects are mapped to correct Products which flow onto correct Invoice reporting in the P&L
- Assist managers to develop tenders & proposals for new funding
- Prepare financial component of funding acquittal
- Provide assistance to other members of the finance team in the use of Excel.
- Back up Accounts Payable as required
- Other duties as required that are relevant to this position
You will have:
- Extensive experience in accounts receivable.
- Experience in computerised accounting packages (preferably Netsuite).
- Experience with completion of general ledger reconciliations
- Capacity to use Excel at advanced level
- Well-developed customer relations skills
- Conceptual and analytical capacity
- High level computer literacy, numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
- A proven self-starter, with an ability to maintain professional independence and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Capacity to meet deadlines and work within specified timeframes.
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think on-site massages, fresh fruit, yearly flu shots and yummy snacks). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide service coordination systems to IT advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for-profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand. Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts Receivable & Project System Officer via Pro Bono Australia.