About the role
Job No: ASA1251
- Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2020
- Based at our Head Office in Hindmarsh
- Make a genuine difference in the lives and futures of children and families
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced individual who will assist in the prevention of children entering the out of home care system. In this rewarding role, you will use your experience in providing flexible and responsive support services to vulnerable children, youth, families and the community.
You will have significant skills in assessing risk and safety and ensure vulnerable families have the right supports in place to manage complex issues, giving parents the best chance to look after their children safely at home.
What do you need to bring?
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, or extensive relevant experience
- Experience working in partnership with families, focusing on strengths and abilities
- Knowledge of solutions focused, strength based, narrative and trauma informed practice approaches
- Proficiency in working effectively with Aboriginal and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) children, families, communities and service providers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Current driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
What can you expect to be doing?
- Provide intensive, in home support services to families with multiple and dynamic needs, who are at high risk of having their child/children enter the out of home care system
- Provide a range of clinical supports and advocacy services to family members that are tailored to each family’s needs
- Conduct comprehensive, strength based and behaviour-focused assessments
- Working with families and care team members in developing strategies, goals and case plans, directly related to children at risk
- Liaise, collaborate and actively network with the Department for Child Protection, and other service providers
About the organisation
Who is AnglicareSA?
AnglicareSA is a not-for-profit organisation who makes a positive difference to the community every day. With over 1800 staff and 700 volunteers, we have been supporting South Australians for more than 150 years. There are many members of the community who require assistance and for that reason, we stand with our arms open to support people to achieve their aspirations and overcome their challenges. Our values underpin the work we do and are key in enabling us to recruit the right people.
What can AnglicareSA offer me?
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by reducing the tax you pay!
- Banking benefits, health care discounts and gym membership offers
- A collaborative team culture
- Relationships with like-minded people who focus on improving the lives of many
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Family Preservation via Pro Bono Australia.