About the role
Requisition ID: req2126
Employment Type: Permanent
- Achieve business transformation by building a sector leading strategy and execution capability
- A role of considerable scope and significant impact
- An organisation making a difference to people’s lives
This is a pivotal appointment as it engages in the new world created by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The role will oversee the transformation of all end-to-end business processes, service design, product management, customer acquisition, marketing and communications, growth, strategy and innovation.
The Chief of Business Transformation and Strategy is a key executive role central to ensuring that New Horizons not only survives the transformation required but also thrives during and after it. New Horizons believes it is only then that transformation will be experienced not as a disruption but as an ongoing opportunity that leads to lasting success.
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, the CEO and all areas of the organisation.
- Internally, you will directly lead the Change Management, Marketing, Product, Strategy and Innovations team
- Externally, you will work closely with relevant stakeholders which will be diverse and far reaching; to achieve the desired transformation for both business and strategic outcomes
- You will oversee the PMO whilst providing a conduit between the PMO and the Transformation Steering Committee.
New Horizons recognises that the newly created Chief of Business Transformation and Strategy position will need a unique skill and experience set to deliver what is at the heart of the role. We expect the person being appointed to this role will have:
- A strong cross-functional background (as opposed to being an expert in one area) and have seen a variety of different business situations and challenges during your career
- Significant expertise and demonstrated experience in leadership and management, transformation, strategy, innovation, data & digital, service design, project management, change management and execution, business planning and improvement, governance reporting and benefits tracking
- Acted as the interface of transformation, setting the tone, spurring enthusiasm, and challenging current wisdom
- High level executive competence, including demonstrated capacity to deal with executive complexity across organisation
- Advanced competency in working with people with a disability and/or mental illness and understanding of the sector and relevant legislation
- Passion for supporting the Human Rights of people with a disability and /or mental illness
- An ability to inspire employees, to encourage and embed change
New Horizons offers many salary and non-salary benefits, of which you could;
- Take advantage of the tax benefits available only to employees who work for a not for profit organization – through lower tax deductions.
- Work 40 hours per week and have a Rostered Day Off (monthly)
- Utilise our Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services
- Take Long Service and/or Parental leave
- Access flexible work arrangements
- Work in a supportive culture and working environment
About the organisation
For more than Fifty years, New Horizons have been supporting people with disability and mental health concerns; and those who are aged, people at risk of homelessness, humanitarian entrants, youth, and Indigenous Australians. It’s all part of our goal to provide innovative services which support individuals, strengthen communities and enhance social and emotional wellbeing for all.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief of Business Transformation & Strategy via Pro Bono Australia.