About the role
- Be a motivational leader for a team of Community Engagement Coordinators
- Play a key role as part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Community Engagement Leader to join the Community Engagement Unit as part of the Fundraising and Communications Division. Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager, your role is to:
- Lead a team of Community Engagement Coordinators to support volunteer groups and event planning teams to deliver fundraising campaigns
- Guide and coach the team to think strategically and improve relationship management and fundraising coaching skills
- Implement strategies to drive recruitment of volunteers
- Act as a key representative of Cancer Council Victoria in communities, maximising opportunities for mission delivery
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience in fundraising, marketing, events management or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership role, with the ability to effectively manage a small team and support a culture of learning, accountability and high performance.
- Project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple events being delivered at the same time.
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills including ability to relate with all types of supporters, volunteers, committees and suppliers.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $70,593 – $79,370 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure appropriate funds are raised to support the Cancer Council’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values
The Community Engagement Unit is responsible for providing Victorians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to a cancer free future. To achieve this, the unit is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the State. This dynamic Unit takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Leader (FCD.31) via Pro Bono Australia.