About the role
- An opportunity to make a difference with a Christian based organisation
- Global Not for Profit
- Enabling supporters to transform lives
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to make an impact through using their exemplary customer service skills to communicate with our supporters via phone, email and mail. Working with the Customer Service Team the role will see you build sustainable relationships with our supporters through open and interactive communication, going the extra mile to engage them. Resolving emerging issues with accuracy and efficiency, you will support the work of The Leprosy Mission Australia with efficient back office administration.
Areas of focus
The role requires you to process orders and donations with a high level of accuracy ensuring the integrity of supporter information is maintained in our database. Providing supporters with information about our products and services, responding to all requests enabling them to participate in the work of The Leprosy Mission Australia. You will handle complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the required time frames and follow up to ensure resolution, keeping accurate records of all customer interactions.
Key criteria of the role
- Superior customer service
- Taking supporters on a journey of engagement with The Leprosy Mission Australia
- Data entry with high levels of accuracy
- Excellent phone manner
You will possess
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in customer service and administration
- An understanding of and ability to operate within the Christian based beliefs, vision, mission and values of The Leprosy Mission Australia
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to excellence in customer service
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, including accuracy in data entry
- Well-developed problem solving and initiative skills
- A high proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Qualification in business administration, customer service, administration or a related field
- Experience with payment gateways such as eWay and SecurePay
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRMs)
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector
This is a permanent full-time role, but flexible part-time options that suit school hours may be available for the right person.
About the organisation
The Leprosy Mission is an international Christian organisation working towards the eradication of the causes and consequences of leprosy. We are a global network of organisations active in 34 countries around the world. We work in partnership with governments, local communities, health organisations, the World Health Organisation (WHO), local Government Organisations, Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), local churches, Christian partners and many others to achieve our vision of “Leprosy Defeated. Lives Transformed.”
Through resourcing and supporting our global networks, our mission strives to break the chains of leprosy, empowering people to obtain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness. A key function of our fundraising activities is ensuring a donor-centric approach for all our supporters, enabling them to connect with our life changing work in the way that best suits them
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Customer Service Officer via Pro Bono Australia.