About the role
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife across almost 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre and the Top End. With a focus on practical land management and world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation. As a leader in the field, our mission is the effective conservation of all Australian native species and the habitats in which they live.
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated professional to join our Development (fundraising) team. Based in Perth, the role will suit a talented early-mid career professional who wishes to help save Australia’s wildlife and great natural landscapes by mobilising philanthropic support.
Your key responsibilities will be to build and manage a portfolio of generous individuals who support AWC through tax-deductible donations and assist with AWC’s philanthropic grants program. You will also help
co-ordinate bespoke supporter events in remote locations around Australia as well as functions and events in major cities. You will require:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (a winning personality!).
- Experience engaging with high net worth individuals and senior decision-makers in the corporate or government sector.
- Exceptional written skills and a proven ability to write compelling grant applications (or business cases, or similar).
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to coordinate and manage complex events.
- A passion for saving Australia’s wildlife and a strong work ethic.
- A willingness and ability to travel to capital cities and to AWC sanctuaries.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the ongoing growth of an innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. A competitive remuneration package is available for a candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
For a full job description, see the supporting attachment or visit: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
Angela Bowman – Senior Executive, Development & Grants
email@example.com | 08 9380 9633
Closing date for applications: Sunday 22 September 2019
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy is the biggest private (not for profit) owner and/or manager of land for conservation in Australia. As a leader in the field, our mission is the effective conservation of all Australian native species and the habitats in which they live.
Through the generosity of our supporters, AWC manages the biggest network of feral cat and fox-free land on mainland Australia where we have successfully reintroduced endangered species to their former habitats.
Our practical land management program coupled with solid scientific research and practices ensure that we produce measurable results. Each year, our team of ecologists conduct the nation’s most extensive biodiversity program gathering data that informs AWC’s land management actions and enables us to measure the ecological return on our supporters’ investment.
With almost 80 per cent of our staff based at our sanctuaries around the county, more than 85 per cent of operational expenditure is incurred on conservation where it makes the greatest difference to Australia’s native species – in the field.
To learn more about AWC, please visit our website www.australianwildlife.org/
How to apply for this role
Send a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for this role, a copy of your CV and a sample of persuasive writing that you have written (ie. grant application, business case, or similar) - in one document (noting where you saw the advertisement) - to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. If Shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a short grant-writing exercise in advance of your interview.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
Please quote in application: Development Executive (Fundraising) – Perth via Pro Bono Australia.