About the role
- Join our dedicated and passionate Advancement team
- Help turn ideas into world-changing research
- Salary from $101,209 – $112,618 p.a. (HEW 8), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
At Macquarie, we know that when we all work together, we multiply our ability to achieve remarkable things. You are an important addition to that.
You will contribute to substantially growing the University’s philanthropic income through developing programs and initiatives to increase donors and major gifts.
Reporting to the Director of Development, you will build and manage a pipeline of major gift donors and prospects to cultivate and solicit major gifts in support of the University’s highest priorities. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of prospects that have the potential to make significant gifts.
- Strategising with development colleagues on prospect identification, approach, solicitation and stewardship.
- Preparing proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major and principal gift prospects and donors
- Assisting with event planning and execution of development-related events
With a proven track record in securing five and six-figure major gifts, you will be a sophisticated communicator with the confidence to effectively engage with high net worth individuals as well as senior colleagues across a complex organisation. You will have a high degree of personal initiative and resilience, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Join us at Macquarie and multiply your potential for success. That’s you to the power of us.
It is an exciting time to join our Advancement team as we progress our Campaign and build a world-class development team that can help unlock the huge potential that exists within Macquarie University.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Degree and/or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- Experience working in fundraising, including cultivating and soliciting major gifts.
- Experience in developing major gift pipelines in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and donors.
- Influencing senior stakeholders.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- Writing briefing documentation for senior management.
Out of hours work, a criminal history check and domestic travel will be required for this position.
Specific Role Enquiries: Hedda Paisley, Director of Campaign and Principal Gifts at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11.55pm EST
Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Road Office
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.