About the role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the following duties:
- Timely and accurate processing and data entry of Invoices into MYOB
- Timely and professional responses and resolution to staff and supplier queries
- Manage authorisation of invoices
- Ensure the correct allocation of costs
- Reconciliation of Accounts to Statements
- Maintain all supplier details in MYOB
- Manage and maintain existing relations with Suppliers
- Other ad hoc duties as required supporting the finance team
General Education and Training
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) evaluation
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training as required
Health & Safety
- Work in a healthy and safe manner and encourage others to do the same.
- Be aware of and adhere to OH&S and Health & Wellbeing policies and procedures
- Report all incidents or injuries to the relevant OH&S Representative or Manager
Teamwork and Agency Representation
- Maintain team boundaries and confidentiality in a professional manner
- Interact collaboratively within the team and actively participate in team meetings
- Represent, promote and/or deliver the program in a professional manner
- Appropriately grooming and dressing according to Ngwala policy
- Limited public/private parking access
- Limited parking permits provided
Key Selection Criteria
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for record-keeping and financial processes as well as:
- Formal qualification in MYOB or relevant training and experience;
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent Excel and database entry skills;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and perform well under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team; and
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office and the Google Suite.
Mandatory Pre-employment Requirements
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- National Police Certificate (no more than 3 years old)
- Current Victorian Working With Children’s Check
Other Relevant Information
- Successful applicants will need to disclose any pre-existing illness or injury which could be affected by the described work duties. Under sections 41(2) and 39(4) of the Workplace Injury, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (Vic), failure to disclose a pre-existing illness or injury could negatively affect any future injury claim for compensation.
- The described work duties of the position include driving, sitting for extended periods of time, operating office equipment, climbing stairs, occasional lifting, and other related physical demands. Ngwala employees are responsible to ensure that any physical duties that they might undertake are done so in a safe manner that is compliant with industry and Ngwala’s OH&S policies and procedures.
- Remuneration will be in accordance with industry standards
- All employees are required to adhere to the policies and practices of Ngwala.
- This position description reflects the initial expectation of the role and is subject to changes to support organisational goals, priorities and activities.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts Payable Clerk via Pro Bono Australia.