About the role
Part-time hours – 0.9 FTE
Who we’re looking for
You will have:
- A Diploma of Financial Counselling/ or equivalent, fully or partially completed or enrolled;
- Eligibility for membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council (FCRC);
- A current Working With Children Check;
- A current National Police Check, including an International Police Check (if relevant).
The successful candidate will be based in Boronia and also may be required to work from any EACH site/s within the Eastern Metropolitan Region as determined by program need and may also be required to work after hours.
What you’ll be doing
As a Financial Counsellor you will:
- Provide professional financial counselling to the target group to reduce financial hardship and financial difficulties experienced and resulting from a range of factors including gambling related harm;
- Provide a ‘recovery focused’ and ‘harm minimisation’ model of practice offering service options to clients and their affected others that is holistic and strengths based;
- Identify and respond to the range of co-occurring mental health, social and primary health issues associated with financial hardship and gambling related harm to provide an integrated and collaborative care response within a multidisciplinary – Integrated Service Team (IST) Area Based structure;
- Refer to other EACH services and relevant local service providers;
- Promote the service both within EACH and the broader community.
What we offer
EACH offers all staff benefits by offering not-for-profit salary packaging, a family friendly workplace strategy, and support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program.
About the organisation
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we're one of the nation's leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.