About the role
City Mission is seeking a experienced, caring and qualified case worker to join the staff at our Therapeutic Community ‘Missiondale’ in Evandale. Missiondale is a residential community helping those journeying through recover from life-controlling addiction
- Diploma in Community Services (Alcohol and Drugs) or an associated qualification. (Cert IV with previous experience will be considered if the applicant is willing to undertake training).
- Proven experience in the provision of case management
- Workplace level 2 First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Highly developed communication.
- Current drivers licence.
- National Police check is required for all roles at LCM.
- Experience or demonstrated capacity to work in an organisation adopting a Christian ethos.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with clients and staff.
- Relevant experience in working with clients dealing with addiction issues.
- Experience in the delivery of group programs.
- Experience in the development and monitoring of Case Plans.
- Demonstrated success in delivering support to clients with complex needs.
- Success in maintaining positive key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised.
- Positive history of following organisational Policy & Procedures.
Missiondale’s operating framework is the Therapeutic Communities model. The Case Worker is required to facilitate group therapy and provide case management to residents in different stages of AOD recovery. This requires the person to develop working relationships with management, peers, other staff, the general public, stakeholders and other functional areas within the organisation.
This is a full-time position and salary will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. As a Public Benevolent Institution, LCM employees are eligible to Salary Package through our approved provider.
If you have a passion to work as part of a friendly team in a caring compassionate environment, knowing that our success will be directed towards those struggling with addiction issues and associated problems, we encourage you to apply.
About the organisation
Work with us and help make a difference to the lives of people in need in your local community.
We are one of the largest employers in Northern Tasmania with a diverse range of opportunities available. As a team member, you'll enjoy a supportive, safe and inclusive work environment while our Employee Recognition Program ensures that your contribution each month we celebrate the achievements of our staff and volunteers and have recently been awarded an Employer of Choice. Check out our current listings for the 2019 below.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Full Time Case Worker – Missiondale Therapeutic Community via Pro Bono Australia.