About the role
Do you believe in the right of all people to self-determine the direction their life takes?
- Are you interested in supporting young adults with an intellectual disability to set and achieve their own goals?
The NextPath Post School Program of Mater Dei is seeking a Goal Facilitator to join its growing team. At NextPath we provide ongoing learning and purposeful activities to assist young adults with a disability to achieve self-directed goals.
- Location: Narellan and Camden
- Work Type: Part time 0.8 FTE – 4 Days per week, 48 weeks per annum
- Award: SCHADS or Health Award, depending on candidate background
- Salary: Range of $32-$37 per hour, depending on candidate background, plus super
The NextPath Program was established in January 2019 with 6 participants and has had substantial growth. We currently support 37 young adults through our program. You would join our existing two Goal Facilitators and your primary role would be to assist young adults to achieve their self-determined long term goals. This involves developing tailored programs to assist participants to meet their goals, liaising with their parents/carers, working as part of the broader team to arrange community learning opportunities aligned with their goals; and mentoring and developing Assistant Goal Facilitators who work alongside program participants.
This particular position is focused on writing programs for participants who work one-to-one with an Assistant Goal Facilitator to achieve a specific goal, rather than writing group programs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience working with people with an intellectual disability
- Demonstrated experience in developing, writing and evaluating programs to assist adults achieve identified goals
- Proven experience of working with team members to build their capacity to implement programs with fidelity and reliability
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a fast paced team and environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders, including young adults with intellectual disability
- Driver’s license
- Working With Children’s Check
- First aid qualifications
- Demonstrated work experience in providing clinical services to clients or teaching or tutoring in school or tertiary education sectors (including VET)
- Professional qualifications relevant to teaching, education, health promotion, disability or allied health.
For more information visit: https://www.nextpath.org.au/about-us/careers
To discuss the role please contact Tennille Bertram on 0427 271 285
About the organisation
Mater Dei NextPath Post School Program provides ongoing learning and purposeful activities to assist young adults with a disability to achieve self-directed goals.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Goal Facilitator – Post School Program via Pro Bono Australia.