About the role
- Sydney CBD location
- Competitive salary with salary packaging benefits
- Would suit part-time arrangements
Outline & Purpose of Role:
A unique opportunity exists for a strategic and experienced Governance, Operations and Compliance professional with an interest in driving a proactive compliance and governance framework. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, adaptable and enjoy working across a diverse portfolio.
Reporting to the National Director and working closely with the Australia for UNHCR Board, the Governance, Operations and Compliance Specialist is responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation of the organisational Risk Management Framework.
- Ensuring the ongoing compliance of the organisation with relevant regulations and peak body standards.
- Acting as Company Secretary and providing high level secretarial support to the Board.
- Acting as the point of contact for the organisations external legal counsel to ensure effective contract management and due diligence practices are in place across the organisation.
- Ensuring the organisation has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to effectively manage and fulfil its objectives.
- Effective property management including lease and facilities management.
The successful application will possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with at least 3 years at a senior level.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the implementation of an enterprise risk management framework
- Experience providing high level secretarial support to senior Boards.
- Proven experience negotiating with external and internal parties regarding accreditation and/or compliance requirements, and successfully implementing these across an organisation.
- Ability to provide expert advice on the regulatory environment and its impact on the operations of an organisation.
- Previous experience in reviewing and conducting appropriate due diligence of commercial agreements.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in law or business is desirable but not essential.
- Previous employment in not for profit sector, with a fundraising organisation.
About the organisation
Australia for UNHCR is an international aid agency that raises funds from the private sector to support the humanitarian operations of the UN Refugee Agency. Established in 2000 as part of a global fundraising network, it raised over $260 million from a broad network of individuals, community and corporate partners.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Governance, Operations & Compliance Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.