About the role
A vacancy exists in the above organisation for a highly motivated Head of Major Gifts with appropriate knowledge and skills to join our friendly and supportive team. Our progressive and innovative team offers development opportunities for our staff and a caring environment for the delivery of high quality patient centred care. The successful applicant(s) will be expected to be able to:
- Work closely with the CEO, Deputy CEO and Director of Special Projects to develop and implement ongoing donor development programs to secure major gifts ($10,000+) and achieve revenue targets.
- Research and develop campaign plans, cases for support, major gift proposals and correspondence for multiple capital, healthcare and clinical research projects.
- Develop and steward relationships with major donors and potential donors, in line with overall team values and culture.
- Manage the major gift prospect pipeline, research and prospecting process to support the whole fundraising team.
- Evaluate and benchmark the success of major gift development activities to ensure industry best practice in major gift development and management.
- Ensure timely reporting back on projects funded by major gifts, including the development of tailored reports and communication.
- Manage the donor recognition programs for major donors in line with policies and procedures.
- Develop, articulate and implement a structured major gifts program to cultivate and steward high value supporters.
- Develop and manage the Major Donor prospecting process and pipeline development
- Develop major gift solicitation plans and campaign plans.
- Develop and write tailored major gift proposals, cases for support, and
- Embed donor research processes and systems into prospecting and major gift ask process.
- Ensure prompt, accurate and effective donor communication with Major Donors and donor prospects.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop marketing and communication materials in all formats to support major campaigns and ongoing fundraising objectives.
- Undertake a program of donor and prospect visits to ensure ongoing contact and connection with the Foundation.
- Develop and implement a clinician and staff engagement program in line with the overall approach of StV-CF.
The vacancy is open to Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens who hold a valid New Zealand passport, Australian permanent residents and those non-residents deemed by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to be eligible to work in Australia only.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a major gift fundraising role with a relationship-building focus and a track record of achieving fundraising revenue targets and increased donor engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing fundraising programs within complex stakeholder environments.
- Demonstrated experience writing successful major gift proposals.
- Excellent relationship management skills and customer service experience dealing with philanthropic donors and supporters.
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability with experience in prospecting and pipeline development to drive donor acquisition.
- University degree and/or extensive experience in fundraising, membership programs, marketing, or similar disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in order to develop high quality written materials and relate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries and St Vincent’s Health Australia
Applicants that do not address the selection criteria will have their application automatically culled.
About the organisation
St Vincent's Health Network Sydney is made up of three public hospitals, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, Sacred Heart Health Service and St Joseph's Hospital at Auburn. We are part of St Vincent's Health Australia, the largest diversified health care organisation within Australia's not for profit Catholic health care sector. As a Catholic health and aged care service provider, our mission is to bring God's love to those in need through the healing ministry of Jesus, with a commitment to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, and the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment. Appropriate criminal record and child protection checks are conducted for all successful candidates. Employment with St Vincent's is subject to you having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases - Policy Directive Immunisation history complies with NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. Appointment and ongoing employment will be subject to continued compliance with the policy directive.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.