About the role
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, they provide support both industrially and professionally and advocate for quality public education for all Australians.
Benefits & Culture
- 15.5% superannuation
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Additional 2 weeks leave for company Christmas closure
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking
- Generous leave entitlements
Reporting to the Federal Secretary, you will provide industrial support and advice to the Federal Office and Branches of the AEU.
Specifically you will:
- Provide advice on complex rules and regulations relating to the AEU and other organisations
- Prepare submissions in response to proposed government legislation
- Provide industrial advice on the AEU’s campaign related activities
- Contribute to strategic industrial policy development
- Instruct legal counsel when required on matters involving the union
To be considered for this position, you will have extensive experience working in a similar role in addition to having:
- Detailed knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 and the operations of the Registered Organisations Commission
- Tertiary qualifications in law, industrial relations, education or related field
- High level of written communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in enterprise bargaining; negotiation and advocacy
- Understanding of gender and employment issues
Do you have a commitment to quality public education? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Industrial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.