About the role
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, they provide support both industrially and professionally and advocate for quality public education for all Australians.
Benefits & Culture
- 15.5% superannuation
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Additional 2 weeks leave for company Christmas closure
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking
- Generous leave entitlements
- Accrual of flexi leave
You will be responsible for the operations of the Federation of Education Unions Information Centre and developing and maintaining the document management system for the AEU. This will include:
- Managing and keeping the library collection current, both in electronic and print formats
- Providing reference and research services; responding to information requests
- Developing and current awareness services
- Fostering partnerships with libraries to maximize the utilisation of resources
- Development and maintenance of document control and records management system
- Coaching team members on records management best practice
- Updating and maintaining the AEU website
To be successful you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of integrated library management systems & software specifically Inmagic DB/Textworks
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Impeccable organisational skills for prioritising and completing requested research
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyse information
- Providing high level Records Management/Information Management services
- Knowledge of content management systems e.g. concrete5, WordPress or similar
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Management or similar with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
Do you have a commitment to quality public education? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Librarian - Records Manager via Pro Bono Australia.