About the role
The position provides membership administration support to the State Manager for NSW & ACT in order to serve and grow our membership. You will be responsible for handling enquiries from current and prospective members, administration relating to membership renewals and new member on-boarding, and uses Salesforce to maintain high data quality and integrity.
You will also implement national member prospecting, assisting with development of a prospect research plan, conduct prospect research and analysis, and ensure Salesforce data and information captures a sustainable pipeline of prospective members and partners. This role will then qualify those prospects, before passing them over to State Managers to further develop the relationship.
The Membership Administrator provides an excellent standard of service in all communications and relationships, whilst maintaining discretion when dealing with highly-confidential information.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and experience in developing professional relationships in a variety of contexts;
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to research, synthesise and interpret complex information, then communicate that information coherently and accurately to internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to show initiative, work independently to complete tasks with incomplete information and limited direction, and take ownership to solve problems and improve processes;
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage competing priorities with multiple internal and external stakeholders to strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (preferably Salesforce), with a solid understanding of data management and integrity.
- Experience in operational support, administration and/or sales, preferably in a membership, philanthropic, or non-profit organisation;
- Prior relationship management and/or customer service experience, particularly where it involved handling highly-confidential information with professionalism and discretion;
- Relevant prospect research experience and knowledge of sales prospecting practices, research tools and terminology;
- Preference for candidates with a strong interest and relevant experience in philanthropy or the non-profit sector;
- Relevant qualifications a plus
The role will require some interstate travel a few times per annum.
About the organisation
Philanthropy Australia (PA) is the peak body for philanthropy in Australia. This independent organisation exists to serve a community of funders, social investors and social change agents working to achieve positive social, cultural, environmental and community change by leveraging their financial assets and influence.
PA’s purpose is to serve the philanthropic efforts of its members to achieve more and better philanthropy; a more giving Australia is our mission.
With over 700 trusts, foundations, organisations, families, individual donors, professional advisers, intermediaries and not-for-profit organisations in their immediate network, PA exists to connect individuals and organisations, collect and share data and insights, offer professional learning and lead and advocate on behalf of the sector, to advance philanthropy in Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Membership Administrator (NSW) via Pro Bono Australia.