About the role
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Deliver success to an ambitious new campaign for philanthropic giving in a leading Not-For-Profit
- Full time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Philanthropy Manager to join the Fundraising and Communications Division. This new role represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Philanthropy Manager to work strategically with Cancer Council’s most generous supporters and prospects. With a passion for philanthropy and genuine support of our vision, your efforts will ensure significant and long-term financial investment for Cancer Council’s priority programs.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships, your role is to:
- Implement strategies to deliver meaningful and financially successful relationships with a portfolio of major donors, charitable trusts and foundations
- Match the interests and priorities of major donors and trusts and foundations with the funding needs of Cancer Council’s programs and mission
- Deliver sustainable income growth through genuine relationship management and sophisticated fundraising asks
- Maximise the potential of existing and prospective supporters through dynamic, tailored and one-on-one personal engagement, targeted communications, visits and events
- Build and grow a major donor pipeline while ensuring the accuracy and sensitivity of reporting and record keeping.
This is the opportunity to position yourself as a key contributor to the successful growth of philanthropy for Cancer Council Victoria as we launch a new high value fundraising campaign.
All about you
You will thrive as Philanthropy Manager if you are results-driven, are passionate, have a genuine interest in people and are not afraid to ‘make the ask’ to increase supporter engagement in Cancer Council Victoria’s mission.
Ideally you will have degree qualifications in a related relevant discipline, or equivalent experience, combined with:
- Proven success securing major donations and fundraising bids in a not-for-profit setting, or transferable skills from a sales environment
- Demonstrated interest in the philanthropic sector and an understanding of current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges
- Diplomatic relationship management and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to maintain productive and long-term engagements with high value supporters or customers
- Proven success in managing budgets and achieving financial objectives.
What we can offer you
- This full-time permanent position provide a salary commensurate with the position level plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development.
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Within the Fundraising and Communication Division, the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit is responsible for delivering significant and sustainable income from major donors, charitable trusts and foundations and corporate partners. We do this through supporter-centred relationship management, face to face meetings, proposal writing and grant submissions, donor stewardship and donor research.
How to apply for this role
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
For more information contact Lyndsey Walker, Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check. A current Driver’s licence will also be required.
If you feel you can make a positive contribution in this role, please apply as soon as possible. There is no closing date and the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager (FCD.20) via Pro Bono Australia.