About the role
First Step seeks an exceptional individual to join the ResetLife team in the delivery of a new intensive outpatient program.
ResetLife is a program offered to clients ready to take the next step in their recovery journey. This is an intensively supported psycho-education program (based on the Matrix program), that has achieved high levels of success the USA.
This program offers an opportunity to add an extra treatment modality to your portfolio. The right person will have an attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and inspired by the opportunity to deliver new treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
For those interested in extending their AOD experience, this is a rare opportunity to work alongside the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step in a truly collaborative setting.
- Relevant health and/or welfare tertiary qualification such as Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the required competencies
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the delivery of clinical interventions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, etc) with people and families experiencing complex alcohol and other drugs use
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the physiology of addiction
- Advanced group facilitation skills
- Proven ability to effectively work with people and families experiencing problematic alcohol and other drugs use in a respectful, compassionate and positive manner
About the organisation
First Step is an addiction & mental health outpatient clinic that has been operating in the City of Port Phillip for over 18 years. Our whole-person treatment philosophy seeks to support clients in as many areas of their lives as possible including their physical, mental and social wellbeing. We strive to be highly accessible, providing services free of charge and without referral for our cohort, many of whom have highly complex histories that may include out of home care, early school leaving, abuse and neglect.
The First Step family of practitioners extends to GPs, hepatitis C specialists, mental health nurses, drug and alcohol workers, psychologists, care coordinators, caseworkers, educators and psychiatrists. Uniquely, we also boast a fully integrated pro-bono legal clinic for clients engaged in treatment at First Step.
First Step is committed to the philosophy of harm minimisation and is excited to include a treatment modality that caters to those ready to extend their treatment goals.
At First Step we believe that everybody deserves every chance to turn their lives around
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Primary Therapist – ResetLife via Pro Bono Australia.