About the role
Since mid-2016, All Together Now has sought to monitor and report on racialised discourse perpetrated by the mainstream media’s opinion makers. In December 2017 the organisation released a report of findings and recommendations and has since received funding from the Commonwealth Department of Social Services to continue this work until mid-2021.
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering the project in line with the funding agreement, including managing the project staff and volunteers, budget, and timeline. S/he reports to the Managing Director.
The Project Manager will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure project meets the goals and social outcomes required under the Funding Agreement. Manage the project budget and external consultants for this project and ensure the project runs on time.
- Manage and support the Media Analyst and project volunteers.
- Liaise with funders, partner organisations and other stakeholders and ensure that all parties are kept up-to-date on the status of the project and their responsibilities in relation to the project’s outcomes.
- Support the Media Analyst to analyse the data collected. Lead the organisation’s positioning around the findings, impact, and recommendations from each data set. Make policy recommendations in light of the data.
- Work with an external consultant to facilitate workshops with community groups to co-create solutions to the team’s research findings.
- Act as the project’s spokesperson when required.
- Monitor and evaluate the project with the assistance of project staff.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects of a similar size and complexity to this project, including managing people, budgets, timelines and evaluation.
- Proven ability to keep multiple stakeholders engaged and appropriately informed.
- Experience in working with Australian Muslim women and/or Australians of African descent and/or First Nations Australians in consultations, human-centered design or other community-oriented processes.
- A Masters degree or other relevant research experience is essential. Experience in analysing data, drawing sound policy recommendations, and articulating recommendations in a strategic and targeted way.
- A high degree of compassion and sensitivity with regards to the topic of this project, with experience working on a complex and confronting social issue essential. A high degree of resilience is required.
- Strong understanding of race and racism in Australian society, and a sound understanding of the Australian media landscape.
- Media and public speaking experience will be highly regarded.
This is a fixed contract starting ASAP and finishing at the end of June 2021. The Project Manager will work 4 days per week from All Together Now’s office, which is close to Sydney’s Central Station.
The Project Manager will be paid a gross package of $73,543 pro rata, which is inclusive of 9.5% Superannuation. The gross package will be increased by 2.5% from 1 July 2020. In addition, the Project Manager will have access to Flexi-time and bonus holidays over the Christmas/New Year period.
About the organisation
All Together Now educates Australians about racism. It does this by imagining and delivering innovative and evidence-based projects that promote racial equity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.