About the role
This position is responsible for supporting the Private Market Housing team to deliver effective management of a portfolio of affordable, fee-for service and National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) properties in accordance with operational, regulatory and reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Team Leader and in conjunction with a supportive team, you will be responsible for the provision of end-to-end tenancy and management services and solutions which is underpinned by a customer-centric focus and an aim to achieve sustainable tenancies. You will be responding to incoming contact from residents, owners and landlords, assisting with assessing tenancy applications, determining eligibility, coordinating lease sign-ups, managing rent reviews and arrears recovery and completing condition reports. You will be responsible for the coordination of periodic and end of tenancy inspections, addressing repair and requests and as required, representing the organisation at the NCAT.
The Right Person
Reliability and accountability are a must! You are a friendly, professional, individual who possesses strong customer service, property and administration skills and have strong attention to detail. Highly proficient in REST or tenancy management software systems, you are highly organised and project a positive attitude and customer-centric focus. You are driven by deadlines, not afraid of a challenge, understand the importance of customer service and are a team player who is passionate about the industry.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Proven work experience in residential and tenancy management;
- Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) or a related field (desirable);
- Certificate of Registration (desirable, must be willing to obtain);
- Proficient level of experience using REST or a tenancy management system and the ability to confidently use software, internet, devices and other workplace technologies;
- Proven history of appearing at NCAT (desirable) and knowledge of NRAS scheme and Affordable Housing (desirable);
- Current Driver Licence and right to drive in NSW;
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of an excellent customer service experience;
- Excellent communicator with ability to effectively listen to, interpret and convey information;
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills;
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organise own workload and establish priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member;
- A current Criminal Check or willingness to obtain one
About the organisation
Evolve Housing is an award-winning, not-for-profit, community-focused provider of social and affordable housing. We are currently experiencing growth and transformation in our Private Market division, Echo Realty and are looking for a property professional to join our experienced team. As one of the largest community housing providers in Australia, we provide innovative housing services and solutions to people in need and develop partnerships that deliver positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities. Evolve Housing is a diverse, inclusive and disability- friendly workplace.
Evolve Housing has significant experience in property and tenancy management and a reputation for social excellence, having won 30 industry awards over the last two years. With a current portfolio of more than 4,000 social and affordable properties housing over 10,000 people, we offer an opportunity to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing organization.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Property Manager via Pro Bono Australia.