About the role
Scope’s Positive Behaviour Service is a leader in the provision of services to individuals who have behaviours of concern. You will work across Victoria in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment, providing specialist assessment and consultancy to individuals with complex behaviours, and their families/service providers. We will offer you the opportunity to:
- Improve the outcomes for people with a disability both individually and organisationally
- Work with a team of highly experienced and supportive professionals
- Take part in a wide range of services such as development of behavior support plans, face to face counselling, managing critical incidents and training
- Participate in research via our partnership with University of Melbourne and the British Institute of Learning Disabilities
- Present outcomes of research and promising practice at National Conferences
- Receive regular internal peer supervision and external supervision to support your CPD
If you are an experienced Psychologist interested in joining our specialist interdisciplinary team to work with children and adults, we want to hear from you.
You will use your knowledge and experience to provide evidence and behaviour-based supports to individuals in a range of environments. Your support will focus on person-centred interventions to address the underlying causes of behaviours of concern.
- Minimum two years of clinical experience working in the field of behaviour support
- Demonstrated experience and well developed skills in working effectively with people across a range of age groups with a range of psychological and behavioural support needs
- Experience in providing training/education of behaviour management strategies, working closely with individuals, families, carers, guardians and other significant people to build capacity and a quality of life that reflects and enhances an individual’s choice and control
- Demonstrated experience in providing individual counselling and or therapy to individuals with a disability
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for individuals, families, carers, guardians and others and work as part of a team
- Suitable to meet the requirements to work as a Registered Behaviour Support Practitioner under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Commission’s Positive Behaviour Support Capability framework
- Have a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA)
About the organisation
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative organisation and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, ongoing supervision and professional development opportunities, a competitive salary and the option of salary packaging.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.