About the role
The role of the receptionist encompasses the development, review and evaluation of sound reception and administrative systems, with a focus on internal and external communication, tracking of staff and administrative processes that will support the Administrative Services Team and Ngwala to provide efficient and effective services and achieve Ngwala’s goals.
The receptionist is the first point of contact for all customer enquiries to Ngwala. The Receptionist is required to provide high quality customer service when greeting customers in person and over the phone. They will facilitate all aspects of customer service, ensuring the reception area is professionally maintained and clients and stakeholders are dealt with proficiently and Ngwala’s professional image is maintained at all times. The position also provides administration support to Ngwala staff as required within the organisation.
- Managing the telephones and visitors at Ngwala Head Office
- Welcome and announce visitors
- Answer internal and external telephone calls
- Assist with customer and staff enquiries and developing intranet communication
- Developing and maintaining effective communication systems (e.g. messages and faxes)
- Develop & maintain other administrative systems (e.g. stationery, supplies) across Ngwala
- In collaboration with senior management liaise with suppliers to maintain adequate consumable supplies across Ngwala.
- Maintain filling system and Sort, register, scan and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Providing initial contact for the Ngwala office by answering phones and assisting with routine enquiries
- Routine clerical duties including filing, photocopying, scanning of documents and collecting, sorting and distributing mail
- Assist in taking minutes, drafting letters, memos and other documents advise by Senior Management
- In collaboration with senior management, establish monthly newsletter for Ngwala
- Ensure the overall office is professionally maintained and brochures are appropriately displayed
- Prepare general correspondence for staff as required
- Hospitality services as required
- Provide timesheets
- Undertake other administrative and office management tasks as required
General Education and Training
- Participate in group clinical supervision sessions
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) evaluation
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training as required
Health & Safety
- Work in a healthy and safe manner and encourage others to do the same.
- Be aware of and adhere to OH&S and Health & Wellbeing policies and procedures
- Report all incidents or injuries to the relevant OH&S Representative or Manager
Teamwork and Agency Representation
- Maintain team boundaries and confidentiality in a professional manner
- Interact collaboratively within the team and actively participate in team meetings
- Represent, promote and/or deliver the program in a professional manner
- Appropriately grooming and dressing according to Ngwala policy
- Share expertise and experience with other team members.
- Limited public/private parking access
- Limited parking permits provided
Key Selection Criteria
- Good organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi skilled team
- Skills in working independently, with initiative and as a team member
- Willingness and ability to work within and contribute to the vision, purpose and core values of the organisation.
- Able to develop positive relationships with clients and work within a stressful environment
Qualification, Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Computer literacy skills
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Receptionist via Pro Bono Australia.