About the role
At Feros Care Villages, we are far from traditional in our delivery of care. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our residents, creating a caring environment full of spontaneity, fun and laughter for everyone to enjoy. You can look forward to pets roaming the corridors and laughter escaping from the common areas after dance lessons and graffiti sessions with the residents. After all – life is too short to not have FUN.
This role will have the opportunity to work in the North at our Kingscliff facility or south in Byron Bay/Bangalow. Further discussion can be had about what suits you!
Please be advised proof of hours/years worked as a registered nurse will be required to support hourly rates on offer.
What will I be doing?
- General nursing duties whilst managing the clinical areas from admission through to end of life
- Overseeing shift coordination and troubleshooting clinical and staffing issues whilst providing support to all members of the team
- Providing leadership, acting as a resource person, and promoting on the job education to team members
- Building genuine relationships with the residents and their families, ensuring they are receiving the best possible care
- Record keeping and documentation
- Promoting and providing a holistic approach to care which focuses on the needs and rights of the residents
The boxes you have to tick:
- You will have a current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a current CPR Certification
- You will have a minimum of 2 years aged care nursing experience
- Knowledge of ACFI and previous experience with accreditation
- You will be available to work a mixture of morning, evening and night shifts
- You want to make a difference in seniors lives by empowering them, fostering their ability and independence
- You bring laughter, love, dignity and genuine care to your clients
We have a pretty incredible team, work with mountain bikers, surfers, trivia pros, musicians, single people, family people, happy people! We truly actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory.
About Feros Care:
Feros Care is a multi-award winning not-for-profit organisation offering a range of aged, disability and community care services. What we care most about is helping people live bolder lives. Better connected. More active. More fulfilling.
We don’t just want our clients to live. We want them to dream. To get their feet wet and their hands dirty. To laugh, have friends, be happy. We call it growing bold and for over 30 years, we are making it real, both for older Australians and those living with disability.
Variety is the spice of life – everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a criminal records check in accordance with legislation and provide proof of your right to work in Australia.
About the organisation
We’re Feros Care. And what we care most about is helping people live bolder lives. Healthier. Better connected. More active. More fulfilling. We call it growing bold and for over 25 years, we’ve been making it real, both for older Australians and those living with disability. Maybe that’s why we’ve picked up slightly more than our fair share of local and international awards, being recognised for how we deliver our services, our use of smart technologies, how we do business, and even our positive attitude to living and ageing well.
What’s more, we know variety is the spice of life. So everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability. At Feros Care we are passionate and team focused, we celebrate and recognise effort but most importantly we live by values that are central to how we work with residents, clients and one another. Feros Care offers a wide range of career opportunities. Feros Care is constantly growing, creating new roles and looking for talented and energetic new staff members capable of filling exciting career opportunities. Whilst we love having fun at work we take recruitment and selection pretty seriously.
We are not only looking for people who can demonstrate that they can meet the requirements of the role but also for people who will live our values! Passion, positive energy and genuine care will not go unnoticed. So if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We look forward to getting to know you. And to growing bold together.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Registered Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.