About the role
- Join Australia’s Number 1 university
- Excellent opportunity for career and professional development
- Enjoy a vibrant culture that encourages work-life balance
You will be responsible for generating descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights to support the University’s Advancement programs. These insights and reports are utilised by the business to profile and segment alumni and donors, measure the performance of past program activity and assess the feasibility of future activity.
The role is responsible for developing and utilising data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics. The incumbent will also be required to provide consultation and advisory services to achieve complex market segmentation outcomes. This will include:
- Gathering high-level business requirements and scoping out requests for data
- Generating insights and reports using CRM and other data repositories
- Developing analytical reports to show trends, patterns, correlations and outliers
- Making data quality process recommendations to improve insights and reporting outputs
Experience and skills required
You possess Master Practitioner level experience in data querying and manipulation, with excellent PL SQL skills in an Oracle environment. You are experienced in both extracting data from a database directly and manipulating it for reporting and segmentation purposes.
Previous experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools such as Microsoft BI, COGNOS or Oracle BI
- Data Visualisations using Power BI, Tableau or R
- Business requirements analysis and designing outcomes to meet business objectives
- Predictive analytics, and understanding of the CRISP-DM framework.
Experience in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in fund raising, will be highly regarded.
About the organisation
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 university in Australia and among the leading universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education and numerous other world reputational rankings. With a tradition of excellence in teaching and research, it is at the forefront of higher education in the Asia-Pacific region and internationally.
The University of Melbourne's Advancement Office fosters and maximises mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Reporting Analyst, Advancement Office via Pro Bono Australia.