About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
This is a newly created position that aims to further strengthen and enhance the quality of our client service delivery across all VACCA’s services and in our advocacy for vulnerable Aboriginal community members with government departments particularly in regard to policy direction. The position will provide policy and high level executive support to VACCA’s Client Services Directors
The role aligns with VACCA’s strategic priorities of leadership, excellence, culture and innovation and will be instrumental in ensuring services are underpinned by the lens of culture, the best interest of Aboriginal children, young people and families, and the aspirations of the Aboriginal Community. Working with the Client Services Directors you will be responsible for developing policies, providing responses to government policies, supporting the Directors develop policy or program documentation at a strategic level, support advocacy of VACCA’s client services and more broadly responding to a range of initiatives that impact on client services
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Formal qualifications in social policy and experience would be highly regarded
- Strong level of analytical, communication and writing skills
- Strong organisational and coordination skills with experience in delivering projects highly desirable
- Demonstrated capacity to negotiate and work constructively with funding bodies and other stakeholders and represent the organisation to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, strategic and analytical skills along with a sophisticated understanding of program implementation, management and evaluation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple complex demands and meet timelines
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendlyand culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Officer- Client Services via Pro Bono Australia.