About the role
Our Adelaide – College Park Office seeks an experienced and qualified SOCIAL WORKER to join the team covering various areas around Adelaide
- Office based in College Park with onsite parking however you will primarily be out within the community
- Salary Sacrifice options for NFP including Motor Vehicle & Fuel Card + 9.5% Superannuation
- Complete with phone and laptop
- 4 weeks Annual Leave then increases to 5 weeks after 2 years continued service
About the role
As a FOSTER CARER SOCIAL WORKER you will provide ongoing support to carers to ensure the stability of the placement and the continued safety of our children and young people.
Key Components of the role:
- Work in partnership in the KEY CARE TEAM approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined
- Ensure the protection of C&YP and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities and that critical incidents/allegations are recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately
- Comply with all Key Assets Policies and Procedure and child protection/safety procedures and legislation
Qualities, Experience and Skills Required
- Qualification in Social Work (and eligibility for membership of the AASW)
- Proven experience in a children and families setting or working in child protection and/or out of home care
- Knowledge and experience in attachment theory and trauma and the associated behaviours
- Be able to show initiative and work independently
- Strong ability to create and maintain sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for our children and young people
- Comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services, and a sound understanding of child safe practices and procedures
- Be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete personal and statutory checks
About the organisation
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider Australia (Not-For-Profit Agency)
- An innovative Out of Home Care and children & family services (NGO), providing various C&F services across Australia
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- Key Assets is committed to working in partnership with all communities to achieve good outcomes for our children and families.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker *Foster Carer Support* - Perm Full Time via Pro Bono Australia.