About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- 2 x part time positions based at our Dandenong and Pakenham offices
- Senior social work role supporting vulnerable children to improve school readiness
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced social workers or related professionals to join our team based at Uniting’s Dandenong and Pakenham offices. The formal position title is Access to Early Learning, School Readiness Funding (AEL SRF) Facilitator. The positions are part time with negotiable hours of work (0.7 FTE to 1.0 FTE), and are initially maximum term until 31 December 2019.
The Access to Early Learning, School Readiness Funding Program:
- A new innovative program promoting positive outcomes for vulnerable children attending kindergarten programs
- Aims to increase participation, attendance and improve school readiness for vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- Aims to support children by addressing familial barriers to access and participate at Early Childhood Education Centres (ECECs)
Working closely with the Access to Early Learning Coordinator, the AEL SRF Facilitator will:
- Visit ECECs to observe children and provide support to improve centre capabilities
- Support professional delveopment of ECEC staff, building their capacity to respond to trauma and disadvantage
- Conduct home visits, engaging parents to support early learning opportunities within the family home
- Link families to appropriate services in the community which address disadvantage or improve parenting capacity
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Early Childhood.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your experience working with children who have experienced trauma and/or have additional needs
- Describe a time you have needed to be particularly innovative to encourage engagement with a vulnerable child and/or family. What specific strategies were implemented? What was the outcome?
- Describe how you form effective working relationships with both clients/colleagues and also maintain professional boundaries.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker – School Readiness Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.