About the role
This exciting project needs your disability sector know-how coupled with your wealth of experience working with clients with a range of disabilities including intellectual disability and acquired brain injury.
Working collaboratively with the ReConnect Program Manager, you will build the capacity of our passionate outreach team to improve outcomes for forensic clients with a range of disabilities. The focus is to develop our field workers’ specialist disability case management skills and build connections with disability networks to facilitate referrals. In addition, you will work as a specialist disability subject matter expert to facilitate the development and co-facilitation of a training program for case managers.
Key selection criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or other relevant field.
- Knowledge of best practice approaches for working with individuals with a disability, particularly those with an acquired brain injury or intellectual disability.
- Case management experience with complex clients with a range of disabilities.
- Peer support, mentoring or coaching experience.
- Solid experience working with networks within the disability sector and NDIS.
About the organisation
VACRO is a non-government, non-denominational organisation providing support and information for individuals charged with a criminal offence, offenders, and their families. VACRO also provides leadership, education, training and research on the justice system for the community.
VACRO is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide extensive on-boarding training and ongoing professional development for staff, amongst other benefits. This role is classified at Level 5 (Pay Point depending on qualifications and experience) SCHADS 2010 Award plus generous salary packaging.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Disability Case Manager - ReConnect via Pro Bono Australia.