About the role
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee VACRO’s key client-focused programs, delivered at Victorian prisons and within the community. You will be a principled and effective leader of VACRO’s program managers and work as part of a talented and dedicated executive team committed to improving the lives of those in contact with the criminal justice system. You will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver our programs in accordance with contractual requirements, and you will maintain strong relationships with VACRO’s contract partners. This role involves people management skills, budget and finance experience, and contractual compliance/risk experience.
Key selection criteria
- Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or similar. Business or management qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising front line managers, and mentoring and engaging with teams who work with complex clients.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships, developing and evaluating program models, and successfully operationalising innovative programs.
- Highly developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem solving skills to resolve organisational issues, and develop and manage good stakeholder relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice sector and the complex issues relating to people who have been in contact with the Victorian justice system, particularly those who are socially disadvantaged and have been incarcerated is highly regarded.
- Proficient in managing budgets and using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
What we offer
VACRO is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide extensive on-boarding training and ongoing professional development for staff, amongst other benefits. This role is classified at Level 7 (pay point dependent on qualifications and experience) SCHADS 2010 Award.
About the organisation
VACRO is a highly-regarded non-profit organisation providing support for individuals charged with a criminal offence, offenders, and their families. VACRO also conducts community education, training, research and policy on the justice system.
How to apply for this role
The position description is available above and on our website at www.vacro.org.au under “Careers”.
In your application, please address the key selection criteria in this advertisement and include a current Resume.
Direct any enquiries or forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis so we encourage you to submit your application ASAP!
Please quote in application: Client Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.