About the role
About the opportunity
Leading the Family Safety contact services and working closely with the Men’s Behaviour Change Program Team Leader, the Team Leader – Family Safety Contact will be responsible for driving the implementation and ongoing development to support families affected by family violence, including partners, former partners and children. The Team Leader will ensure the ongoing delivery of an effective triage system, which includes intake, assessment, counselling, safety contact group programs and support services for clients attending the program.
Other responsibilities include:
- Participating in a range of relevant stakeholder and network meetings to achieve effective outcomes for partners, former partners and children who have experienced violence.
- Developing relationships with other services and contributing to measuring service effectiveness across programs that work with men who use violence against women.
- Ensuring service delivery is of a high quality and accreditation standards are monitored and met.
- Leading, motivating and providing regular practice and operational supervision to program staff.
- Contributing to the implementation of practice, process and procedures in line with Men’s Behaviour Change standards.
With demonstrated leadership experience in a similar program, you will have:
- A strong passion and commitment to working with family violence, specifically supporting women who are experiencing violence from their partners and working with men who perpetrate violence.
- A strong understanding of the feminist framework and how this shapes working with men who use violence.
- A high level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to inspire and motivate others in times of rapid change.
- Demonstrated understanding of the family violence service system, policy framework and how this impacts on service delivery.
- Proven understanding of the family violence sector, including understanding the impacts of family violence on women and children.
- Ability to work calmly and consistently under pressure, with capacity to respond to crisis
- Experience undertaking risk assessments and managing risk.
- Proven target and financial monitoring ability.
- A strong understanding of working with people from CALD backgrounds.
- A Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related discipline.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Men’s Behaviour Change or Family Violence is highly desirable.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Family Safety Contact via Pro Bono Australia.