About the role
About the role:
Are you a workplace mental health expert?
The key purpose of this role is to act as a subject matter expert for the Beyond Blue Workplace Program to assist in keeping the Workplace team updated with current leading research and trends in workplace mental health and help translate contemporary knowledge across the Workplace Program. The ideal candidate will work across the entire Workplace Program to ensure the work of the team reflects contemporary and best practice workplace mental health strategies.
The Workplace Knowledge Manager will be responsible for keeping up to date with workplace mental health material and research. You will establish, review and update key program messaging, and contribute to drafting speeches, responses to media enquiries, and policy submissions. Your developed and proven stakeholder and organisational communication skills will make you adept in providing advice regarding messaging to the broader Workplace team and the Beyond Blue Executive Team.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a key workplace mental health subject matter expert at Beyond Blue. This will involve keeping up to date with pertinent global research and trends, identifying new potential focuses within workplace mental health, attending relevant events, and liaising with key experts.
- Disseminate knowledge across the team and work collaboratively to identify new opportunities for Beyond Blue to influence the workplace mental health landscape.
- Translate contemporary workplace mental health expertise into actionable Workplace Program initiatives and contribute this knowledge to inform the Workplace team’s policy and advocacy plans and the delivery of workplace engagements, projects and programs.
- Provide advice and organisational support to the Workplace Policy and Evaluation Lead, Head of Workplace and the General Manager of the Workplace, Partnerships & Engagement Group, including the preparation of reports, speeches, presentations, briefs, correspondence, facilitating teleconferences, face to face meetings, and providing relevant information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Beyond Blue at key engagements, with external stakeholders, where significant subject matter expertise is required (this may be alongside a Workplace Engagement Manager, Workplace team leader or independently).
The successful candidate will have:
- Subject matter expertise in the area of workplace mental health. You will have skills, knowledge & experience in accessing and digesting information and research, and the proven ability to use and translate information across the workplace team.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline – including public health, health promotion, psychology, social sciences, workplace health and safety or a related discipline.
- Experience in public policy would be considered highly advantageous.
Benefits and Perks
The Workplace Knowledge Manager will work closely with all areas of the Workplace team. Previous experience with stakeholders will demonstrate your ability to collaborate with other groups of Beyond Blue, particularly the Content team and the Media and Marketing teams. You will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working collaboratively across the organisation, focusing on gathering and analysing information related to program activities, informing and enhancing Beyond Blue’s Workplace Program. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
About the Business
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Workplace Knowledge Manager via Pro Bono Australia.