About the role
About the role:
Are you passionate about mental health policy and evaluation?
The Workplace Policy & Evaluation Lead will oversee and manage a number of aspects of the Workplace Program including leading the Policy and Evaluation team, developing policy and advocacy priorities, and leading monitoring and evaluation of program activities. This role will also oversee the subject matter expertise and key messaging associated with the Workplace Program and will support the Head of Workplace in setting the Workplace Program strategic direction. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in policy and advocacy, and a strong understanding of evaluation. You will also have the skills, knowledge and experience to support broader strategic initiatives that Beyond Blue engages in with the Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance (MHWA).
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of a policy and advocacy plan, including identification of proactive policy opportunities and the provision of appropriate policy advice, including drafting persuasive policy submissions.
- Implement a monitoring and evaluation framework and coordinate continuous improvement activities to inform Workplace Program initiatives.
- Lead the review and maintenance of key messaging for the Workplace team, to ensure consistent communication with our audience. This includes supporting our Strategic Communications team in responding to media and speech requests.
- Work collaboratively with the Workplace team with six-monthly government reporting and other ad hoc reporting requirements as they occur.
- Support the General Manager & Head of the Workplace in developing strategies and preparing for strategic discussions.
- Motivate, mentor and manage a team of approximately three direct reports, including resource planning, developing work plans, professional development and performance reviews.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in policy, including strong skills in reviewing, analysing and interpreting information in order to understand the policy context. Experience in responding to policy submissions is highly desirable.
- Strong leaderships skills, including demonstrated experience leading teams, including fostering teamwork, providing oversight and direction, delegation, workload allocation, performance management, coaching and professional development.
- An understanding of evaluation concepts and demonstrated ability to develop and lead a complex evaluation.
- The proven ability to research, prepare and present a variety of types of documentation, including reports, briefing notes, correspondence, reports, presentations and speeches with a high level of attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline. Specific qualifications in public policy or evaluation, and/or an understanding of workplace mental health would be advantageous.
Benefits and Perks
The Workplace Policy & Evaluation Lead will work collaboratively with the Head of Workplace in establishing the strategic direction of the Workplace Program. You will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working collaboratively across the organisation, focusing on gathering and analyzing information related to program activities and the authorising environment in enhancing Beyond Blue’s Workplace Program. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
About the Business
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Workplace Policy and Evaluation Lead via Pro Bono Australia.