About the role
The position is part time, 2 shifts per week: 10am – 4.30pm every Saturday and Sunday. You will be well supported by a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on a family focus framework informed by trauma and attachment theories.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or equivalent is required. Ideally applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in individualised case support and family centred practice
• Ability to provide dyadic and child-focussed interventions and group work to infants, children and their mothers
• Ability to provide parenting support to mothers
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes
• Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008, Child Safe Standards and the Common Risk Assessment Framework
• A sound understanding of family violence and the effects it has on women and children
• High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence according to our Direct Practice Competency Framework. We strive to be a great place to work, and offer:
• Ability to purchase extra annual leave
• Access to EAP
• Flexible working arrangements
A Police check, a Working with Children Check and a current driver’s license are required. Salary is in line with the SCHADS Award, Level 4. Salary packaging is also available.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. McAuley Community Services for Women is a child safe organisation, and upholds the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
This role is open only to female identifying candidates.
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: After Hours Children’s Worker- Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.