About the role
The position is part time, 7 shifts per fortnight from 4pm – 10pm. The position is based in a positive and professional team with strong leadership, focused on empowering women through intensive and individualised case management support in the Western region.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or equivalent is required. Ideally applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• A sound understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and its impact on women and children.
• Knowledge of case management frameworks including strategies to produce effective outcomes for clients.
• Understanding of crisis intervention and management of clients with complex needs.
• Sound decision making and risk management skills.
• The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external services, and build strong working relationships.
• Integrity and respect for those affected by homelessness and /or family violence.
• Experience in managing a case load according to a case management framework with specific exit plan options, employment and social inclusion strategies
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes
• Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act and the Common Risk Assessment Framework and a sound understanding of homelessness, family violence and the effects it has on women and children
• High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence according to our Direct Practice Competency Framework. We strive to be a great place to work and offer:
• Ability to purchase extra annual leave
• Access to EAP
• Flexible working arrangements
A National (and International if applicable) Police check, Working with Children Check (Employee version) and a current driver’s license are required for this position. Salary is in line with SCHADS level 5. Salary packaging is also available.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. McAuley Community Services for Women is a child safe organisation, and upholds the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
This role is open only to female identifying candidates.
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: After Hours Outreach Case Manager- Family Violence via Pro Bono Australia.