About the role
The Bequest Coordinator delivers donor engagement activities that reinforce engagement and provide acquisition opportunities and/or donor recognition, and also assists with administration of realised estates, from notification to receiving funds and ensuring recognition for bequest donors appropriate to their needs and interests.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Assist in implementation of the bequest program.
- Implement bequest donor acquisition activities.
- Use supporter engagement channels to gather prospective donor information and build engagement.
- Keep up to date with current bequest research and developments in the field of philanthropy.
- Review and maintain an appropriate level of knowledge regarding the legal issues of estate planning and administration.
- Assist to manage, maintain and regularly engage with bequest donors and prospective donors through a series of activities and events to ensure donor opportunities are maximised and income targets identified in the Fundraising Strategic Plan are achieved.
- Follow-up information requests from potential bequestors in a timely, professional and sensitive manner.
- Assist in implementing the Foundation’s bequest recognition program.
- Assist with management of key stakeholder relationships including trustees, legal and financial professionals and executors.
- Build and maintain a personalised relationship with each bequest donor built on mutual respect and sensitivity to the donor’s needs and interests.
- Manage expectations of donors, executors and families in relation to acknowledgement and recognition.
- Assist with management of realised estates under direction of the Bequest Manager.
- Ensure documentation such as probate and financial statements from realised estates are received in accordance with legislation.
- Assist with preparation and execution of affidavits as required for realised estates.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated understanding of bequest marketing principles, techniques and strategies, and experience in a similar role in a not-for-profit/ fundraising organisation.
- Advanced interpersonal skills including the ability to relate to highly emotional situations and families with compassion and understanding.
- Strong administration and organisational skills, and an ability to manage time and project deliverables effectively.
- Proven high level written communication skills, including the ability to write and interpret legal documentation.
- Advanced oral communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and be persuasive, and experience in making engaging presentations.
- Proven experience in dealing with situations that require a high standard of integrity, ethics, judgement and confidentiality, including the ability to discuss life planning.
- High level computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Word, Excel, and Outlook) and previous experience using CRM databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and to collaborate across teams to achieve enhanced outcomes, including a demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances, work processes and working hours.
What we can offer:
- Westmead location
- Opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and see the impact of your work.
- A supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities.
- The chance to learn from and work with a team of highly skilled and passionate fundraisers.
- Immediate start available
- Attractive NFP salary packaging benefit
This role requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s licence.
About the organisation
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation has a vision to ensure that every child – now and in the future – can access world-class medical care whenever they need it. The Foundation raises vital funds for Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, which incorporates The Children's Hospital at Westmead, Bear Cottage, the Newborn and Paediatric Emergency Transport Service (NETS NSW), Kids Research and other children’s services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bequest Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.