About the role
You will lead the development and implementation of the organisations bequest strategy and help us do more good by growing our bequest income and building a robust pipeline. You will represent the interests of the donor and Red Cross in the journey of administering a bequest gift using your highly specialised bequest administration expertise.
A key part of your role will be relationship management and stewardship of bequest donors. This will include identifying new donors, developing and implementing a recognition and engagement plan to retain donors as well as supporting intending and confirmed donors through day-to-day engagement touch points.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all bequest income is accurately forecasted and that estate distribution occurs within anticipated timeframes. You will be the point of escalation for Engagement and Support regarding matters of Wills and Estates, Inheritance Law and contested Estates.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds
- Understanding of legal matters and knowledge of legislative requirements pertaining to bequests and bequest management through experience in deceased estates
- Experience in analytical and financial management and reporting as well as proven budget management skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Expertise across Word, Excel and other relevant software programs
What we offer
Know that the work you do will help grow humanitarian action at scale and for generations to come. You will be part of a great team working in new and innovate ways. You will have access to flexible work arrangements and generous salary packaging options.
About the organisation
Australian Red Cross is part of one of the largest humanitarian movements in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
How to apply for this role
For further information, view the position description or contact Sophie Helou on 02 9229 4179
Position description: Bequest Specialist PD.pdf
Please quote in application: Bequest Specialist - Sydney or Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.