About the role
ADACAS is looking to appoint a Chair who will lead the organisation, and act as the main link between the CEO and Board integrating a tactical perspective in order to implement the newly developed organisational strategic plan.
Ideally we are seeking a person who:
• is passionate about the human rights of people with disability, older persons, people experiencing mental ill-health and their carers;
• has achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy or the not-for-profit sector to enable an appropriate level of support to the CEO;
• possesses excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a good aptitude for public speaking;
• has a proven history in monitoring financial performance against budget and key metrics ensuring that the strategic financial governance is fit for purpose;
• has a sound understanding in compliance with relevant statutory and other legal requirements;
• is prepared to act as an ambassador for ADACAS.
About the organisation
The ACT Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service (ADACAS) was established in 1991, and since this time has provided free and independent advocacy for people with a disability, people experiencing mental ill-health, older people, and carers. Funded predominantly by the ACT and Commonwealth Governments ADACAS delivers Advocacy support across the ACT and has expanded its reach to parts of regional NSW. The organisation has also broadened the scope of its services in the past two years by the delivery of Support Coordination under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and support to people who are seeking to access the Redress Scheme that has been established to compensate people who experienced child sexual abuse in institutional settings. ADACAS delivers its aged care Advocacy as the ACT member organisation of the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN). It is also a national leader in the emerging field of Supported Decision Making (SDM) for people with reduced cognitive capacity.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Chair – Not-For-Profit via Pro Bono Australia.