About the role
- Have experience in both corporate governance and native title processes
- Are of good standing in the Indigenous community; and
- Have traditional interests in land in Victoria
Expectations of directors
- Have the appropriate skills, knowledge and attributes for the position
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in board meetings
- Utilise their skills, experience and knowledge to contribute to FNLRS’ success
- Adhere to FNLRS policies and procedures, and strengthen its governance
- Build relationships across Traditional Owner groups, government, community and other sectors.
About the organisation
First Nations Legal and Research Service (FNLRS)
- Resolve outstanding native title issues and create new Traditional Owner Corporations
- Become the service provider of choice for Traditional Owner corporation development
- Anticipate and service FNLRS’ clients’ legal, research, financial and governance needs in the post-settlement environment.
- Return research materials and evidence in a culturally appropriate way
- Seek continuous improvement to agreement-making processes including the Traditional Owner Settlement Act.
- Facilitate successful determinations, settlements and agreements
- Influence policy and legislative reform
- Support Traditional Owners to develop sustainable organisations
- Ensuring First Nation’s strength, security and capability
- Develop long term, sustainable and economic land bases for the Aboriginal peoples of Victoria
- Assist in the development of a unified, informed Aboriginal community in Victoria
How to apply for this role
Process for selection
Federation’s selection panel will review the expressions of interest and make recommendations for appointment.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE ON 25th OCTOBER AT 5PM
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE POSITION PLEASE COMPLETE THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM ATTACHED AND SUBMIT WITH YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
TO DISCUSS THE ROLE OR REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Phoebe Reid, Evans Faull HR
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to submit an EOI
Please quote in application: Board of Directors positions via Pro Bono Australia.