About the role
- Immediate Start!!
- Work with Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Great Southbank location, close to public transportation, shops and cafes
- Part-time (0.9 FTE), Fixed-Term (through to Dec 2019)
- $69,065 + Super
- Additional Wellbeing Leave and Salary Packaging Benefits
- Flexible working environment!’
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled Case Manager with sound knowledge and experience to join the dedicated Alcohol and Other Drugs (AoD) team at our Southbank site. Launch Housing Southbank is a 51 bed crisis accommodation service, providing support to people onsite and in the community who are experiencing homelessness. Southbank is a fast-paced workplace, aiming to achieve positive housing and life outcomes for our clients.
As an AoD Case Manager, you will provide episodes of care for clients experiencing addiction or dependence; ranging from briefintervention sessions, right through to ongoing case management. You will also be responsible for providing education sessions to both clients and staff of Launch Housing, contributing to the operation of a world-class harm-reduction programme.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience working with people using alcohol and other drugs with a commitment to harm reduction practices
- Ability to facilitate groups and work with individuals presenting with complex needs and histories
- Comprehensive understanding of the theoretical and practical approaches of harm-minimisation
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a large multidisciplinary team
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting teams in the AoD sector and make a significant impact on our client’s lives!
We courage people with a Lived Experience of AOD to apply
To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the ‘How to Apply’ instructions. Please include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria of the position description to be considered.
Enquiries regarding this role can be directed to Elliott McMahon on 03 96994566
About the organisation
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. We are a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to' organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) via Pro Bono Australia.