About the role
The role of Case Worker, Foster Care facilitates and works closely with families, carers and wider government agencies and regulatory bodies to support children and young people in foster care. No two days are the same in this position as you manage a variety of cases in your day to day work activities.
- Advocates and provides strong support for our children in out of home care.
- Empowering, motivated, passionate and demonstrates empathy.
- Strong values; cultural linguistic, spiritual and religious diversity is valued.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Highly developed analytical casework skills, including well developed and effective interpersonal and written communication skills, negation and mediation skills.
- Empathy and commitment to improving the quality of life for children and young people.
- Demonstrated capacity to work autonomously in developing and managing detailed, effective case plans for multiple children or you people simultaneously. This would include high level organisational and time management skills as well as capacity to recognise work priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and organisational requirements, and contribute to the needs of a rapidly expanding agency.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Qualifications in Human Services (Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education, Health Nursing or Disability).
The successful applicant will have access to:
- Entry hourly rate of $30.58. Higher pay points may be applicable based on qualifications and or experience. Salary Packing options also available.
- Flexible working hours and negotiated extra leave.
- Training and development opportunities.
About the organisation
Our vision is that people, everywhere in our community, will experience the power of inclusion through relationships, voice and action.
Our mission is to assist people to reach their potential through innovative and people-focused services.
Our values celebrate inclusiveness and opportunity. Our five core values are Accountability, Equity, Innovation, Integrity and being Participant and young-people focused.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Work - Newcastle via Pro Bono Australia.