About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Intensive case management program through strengths based practice and with focus on innovative program development
- Be supported through high quality coaching with our partners at the Parenting Research Centre
- Permanent Full Time role
- Located in Mt Druitt, NSW
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Case Worker, On PAR, to join our growing team.
Reporting to the On PAR Program Manager, and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role provides intensive case management to students and their parents/ carers participating in the On PAR program. The On PAR (Participation, Attendance, Retention) program provides an early intervention, child-centred, family-focused, intensive case management approach to improve educational attainment of vulnerable children. The Case Worker will support the student, the family and the school to understand the barriers to the child’s engagement in school and education attainment. The On PAR Program includes a focus on evaluation to ensure the program evolves to meet the needs of the community. Team members will also be coached through the Parenting Research Centre to support quality, evidence informed practice.
A day in the life of our On PAR Case Worker might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a case load and, in partnership with the service user, contributing to the design, implementation and evaluation of services
- Maintain a network of local service providers and other supports and act as a coordination point, including supporting access to specialist services
- Effectively manage data and inform program quality, effectiveness and evaluation through sharing practice knowledge and expertise
- Participate in coaching and practice reflection, and ensure professional and organisational standards are upheld
It takes a special kind of person to be our On PAR Program Manager. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Welfare or similar with minimum 5-years’ experience
- A strengths based, person-centred, trauma informed practice approach
- Knowledge of the issues faced by vulnerable families and ability to ethically gain trust and confidence
- Experience in developing outcomes focused plans in partnership with service users, providing support and leveraging specialised services
- Ability to collect, manage and analyse data
- Competency in working with community members with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Pacific Islander and CALD communities and organisations
- Full current NSW Driver’s Licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, On PAR via Pro Bono Australia.