About the role
The position has become available due to the retirement of the Executive Officer and an upgrading of the position.
It offers an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person to participate in this fast-growing sector of over 180 Men’s Sheds in all parts of WA. If you want job satisfaction, look no further.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board and is responsible for the overall operation of the organisation, particularly for implementing the policies and decisions of the Board. These duties include:
• Strategic leadership of the organisation
• Advise the Board on policies and decisions
• Develop and implement the strategic plan
• Respond in a timely manner to telephone and email enquiries from Sheds, members of the general public and service providers
• Ensure the biannual zone meetings and the biennial Men’s Shed conference are successful
• Oversee communications activities aimed at increasing knowledge, awareness and understanding of Men’s Sheds, plus the profile of MSWA
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with the state government, particularly the Department of Communities, other funding organisations, sponsors, special interest groups, partner organisations and volunteers
• Increase the awareness and understanding of the vision, mission, objectives and programs of MSWA at all levels of government (local, state and federal)
• Sourcing of new investment and continuation of current funding to ensure the sustainability and growth of MSWA
• Oversee the delivery of KPI’s and outcomes of funding agreements
• Provide leadership and support to the other staff and volunteers
• Deputises for the President, when not available, in dealing with the media
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements of the Association.
• Ensure the preparation of annual reports and accounts as required.
• Ensure the preparation and manage the Board’s agenda, minutes and papers.
• Exercise such powers and carry out duties and functions as from time to time allocated by the Board.
About the organisation
Men’s Sheds of WA Inc (MSWA) is a not for profit organisation that was established in 2010 as the peak organisation to support Men’s Sheds in Western Australia. It is in the process of finalising a service agreement with the Department of Communities that will secure its funding until 31 December 2024.
Vision: That all men have the opportunity to join a Men’s Shed that enriches their lives, sense of community, and enhances their health and wellbeing.
Mission: To support and develop Men’s Sheds that enrich the lives of men and their communities in Western Australia.
MSWA supports all of the 187 Men’s Sheds in WA. It provides additional services to the Sheds which are financial members, of which there were 139 at 30 June 2019.
MSWA is managed by a Board consisting of six elected members and up to three appointed members. It currently employs a small team of staff consisting of a part-time Chief Executive Officer (CEO), a part-time Executive Assistant, Development Officer (currently shared by two people employed on a casual basis), a volunteer Chaplain and a Veterans Project Officer, whose term will finish in December 2019. It has an application with Lotterywest that may result in other project officers being employed.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.