About the role
- 0.8 FTE Senior Position – 12 month fixed term
A new and innovative position has been developed within our Integrated Family Services (IFS) team to provide counselling within a systems framework to children and young people, parents/carers and families. We are seeking a qualified Child and Family Therapist to join our IFS team, and more broadly, our multi-disciplinary service model that provides support and interventions to a diverse range of clients. Many of which have a history of trauma that may be impacting on family functioning and relationships.
The successful candidate will have proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Providing high quality, ethical and professional family therapy services, undertaking systemic psycho-social and risk assessments
- Formulating integrated therapeutic care plans and providing child, parent/carer, family counselling interventions designed to enhance the relationships of clients, and family well-being and satisfaction
- Understanding complex and diverse clients and ensure equitable, responsive and quality services
- Working within an integrated and multi-disciplinary team
Relevant post-graduate qualification in Family Therapy mandatory. Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or similar field is required. A Working with Children Card, National, and International Police Checks and a driver’s licence are also required.
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career and professional development, work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take-home pay.
About the organisation
Kids First Australia (formally Children’s Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high-quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child and Family Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.